Newark, New Jersey
This mixed- use high rise complex is located on a unique site adjacent to a rail station platform of Penn Station in Newark and an abandoned elevated bridge over a state highway that links pedestrians with downtown Newark, Prudential Stadium and office towers into the Ironbound section.
The design calls to incorporate the old railroad bridge into a large landscaped elevated plaza, together with the active train platform, and establish that as an elevated urban pedestrian hub where the apartment lobbies, shops and restaurants of the complex would all converge. Two independent residential towers rise from that new active platform plaza with shared structured parking and more retail below.
- 558 Apartments in two 20 story towers
- North and South towers on a common plaza base
- Street level retail frontage with structured parking
- Common public amenities at train and bridge connection level
- Private resident amenity floor
- Green roofs, shared resident terrace and private terraces