OEM Mobilization Facility
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
The new facility will serve to provide a critical vehicle and specialty apparatus storage and dispatch operation for the County Sheriff and Homeland Security forces in addition to other functions, offices and related fabrication.
As part of the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI), the centralized new facility will consolidate and house all that which currently exist on multiple sites and buildings throughout the County. Vehicles will be maintained, processed, and held in ready condition for deployment and/ or on- site and required remote training. With NJ State Department of Homeland Security funds, the facility’s contents are designed to help prevent, protect, mitigate, respond and recover from all types of disasters, including acts of terrorism that may occur locally as well as adjacent municipalities and counties. The building and extensive yard operations are carved into a sloped site of approximately 10 acres requiring a design with significant earthwork while mitigating environmental impact on adjacent private and public lands.
· Mobile Generator, Emergency Lighting Equipment and Deployment Vehicles
· High Water and Amphibious Rescue Vehicles
· Multiple Trailered Boats/ On Water Specialty Marine Vehicles
· Tent/ Camp Deployment Units and Emergency Shelter Rigging
· Heavy and Lightweight Utility Multi- Purpose Vehicles and Apparatus
· SWAT Armored Vehicles
· Pedestrian Buses
· Sign and Signal Fabrication Facility
· 46,700 total building SF