Turtle Back Zoo Entry
West Orange, New Jersey
The new entry project with a new administration building re-establishes a new welcome identity and brand for the popular zoo and also allows for the processing of a large amount of visitors, a substantial increase in guests since its inception many years ago. The original silos were re- purposed and left as symbolic entry gates, rather than the limited actual ticket distribution kiosks they could no longer keep up with.
The project features a new large elevated radial entry plaza that links ticket booths, large format media displays, stroller and accessory rentals and a new Administration building that also handles group sales and special events planning. The project also involved modernization of other existing offices and classroom areas.
- Ticketing center and attendant booths
- New administration building
- 5,000 SF classroom renovations
- Integrated security fencing with welded, laser cut steel foliage pattern gates
- Loading and accommodations for group arrivals & departures
- Two, 23’ high outdoor digital display boards